quarta-feira, 5 de novembro de 2008

Hey guys!

My name is Gabriela Bueno Santos, I'm 21 YO and I'm (probably) in the 6th semester of our course. I study English since I was 6 YO and have been teaching at Yázigi since 2004.
Concerning my internship experience, I observed classes at Cícero Barreto school during the night. Since it was an EJA group, the class was quite heterogeneous. The teacher had to deal with young adults, adults and elderly, which was pretty challenging. The students' interests and activities also varied a lot. My role in the classroom was to help the students while they did the exercises and then to do the correction. The classes were very traditional, usually based on text interpretation, translation, and some grammar exercises in the end. This time at the school was really valuable and meaningful to me because I could experience a different context of teaching and learning. It was also possible for me to witness the hardships and challenges present in a public school, and how teachers, students and school employees deal with them.

Um comentário:

Suzi Reis disse...

Gabi, teaching English in public schools really challenge ourselves to do things that we really don´t expected or intend to do... but if we have to do it, we have to do it with love as well as it was in a private school, do you agree?
I´m sure in some moments we will get disappointing with everything, but we have to do the best we can..even though the difficulties...
well, that is! Let´s go on doing the best we can...
:)